- sign up at http://openshift.redhat.com.You will need to confirm your email.
- Login and create application, choose 'Kitchensink Example' to have a good Java EE 6 example.
- Download eclipse indigo http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/release/indigo/sr2
- Start eclipse, Help -> Install new Software ... -> Add ... http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/stable/indigo
and select JBoss Cloud Development Tools -> JBoss OpenShift Tools and JBoss Maven Support
restart eclipse after installation
5. File -> New -> Project ... -> Open Shift Application
6. Check [x] use existing application and choose the kitchen sink example
7. Go to the SSH preferences. Generate a RSA Key ... in Key Management and copy the public key. Go to the Open Shift account and add this to the Public Keys in My Account.
8. Finish -> Right click on the project -> Maven -> Update Project Configuration ...
9. start coding
10. select servers tab at the bottom, right click on OpenShift Server -> publish will push the git repository and restart the server.
11. Add your own local server to test small changes faster locally. Therefore download JBoss 7.1 at http://www.jboss.org/jbossas/downloads/ . Right click in the server tab: New -> Server, select JBoss AS 7.1 and set the home directory path in the next step to the directory where the downloaded server has been extracted.